PROGRAM & EVENTS
29 September to 2 October 2022
29 September to 1 October
Thursday 29 September
- Live Entertainment from 5pm at the Boorowa Caravan Park.
Friday 30 September
- Foodies and Movies Night from 4.30pm at the Recreation Club, Boorowa. Here you will find: markets, local wine tastings, outdoor cinema and live music featuring Josie Laver.
- Live Music from 7.30pm at the Boorowa Hotel. Featuring: Two But Not Two and ensemble.
Saturday 1 October
- Barefoot Bowls from 9.30am at the Ex- Services Club, Boorowa.
- Street Entertainment from 10am to 2pm on Marsden Street Boorowa. Entertainment including: live music, rock climbing wall, balloon artist.
- Quick Sheer from 11am at the Ex-Services Club, Boorowa.
- Art Show Official Opening from 5pm at the Old Courthouse Building, Boorowa.
- Author Reading from 6pm at the The Absolutely Superb Bibliothèque and Occasional Wine Bar, Boorowa.
- Live Music featuring Garsong from 6.30pm at the Ex-Services Club, Boorowa.
- Fireworks from 7.00pm at the Recreation Club, Boorowa. BYO picnic and chairs.
2 October 2022
Enjoy the main festivities from 9am to 4pm
- Garsong – Folk Singer-Songwriter
- Simon Watts – Violinist
- Canberra Celtic Pipe Band
- Canobolas Highland Pipe Band
- Bubble Artist
- Face Painting
- Library Storytime – Reading ‘Where is the Green Sheep?’
- Tony Joe’s Amusements
Fashion and Homemade Goods
- Fashion Parade featuring Castleden Co
- Beanie and Beret Competition
- Yarn Bombing
- Handmade Craft Stalls
- Poets Breakfast with Robyn Sykes
- Pie Eating Competition
- Irish Accent Competition
- Gold Trails Re-Enactments
- Boorowa Car Club Demonstration and Irish Woolfest 2022 Car of the Year Presentation
- South Coast & Tablelands Axeman Wood Choppers
- Shearing Shack
- Hawkesbury Working Dog Demonstration
- Whip Cracking
- Llama Association Display
- Black and Coloured Sheep Display
- Old Kentucky’s Animal Farm Patting Paddock
Main Stage Highlights
- Blessing of the Fleece and Official Opening at 11.40am
- Street Parade at 12noon
- Main Act ‘Limerick’ performing at 12.50pm
Boorowa Irish Woolfest 2022 Highlights:
The Main Event
“The Running of the Sheep” has been likened to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona and is considered Boorowa’s special woolly version. It is not to be compared to the danger of the bulls as our sheep are cute and cuddly but certainly as visually exciting. Visitors love the sheepdog component when they see the trusty kelpies leaping on and off the sheep’s backs as they race down the street guided by Farmer Ashley on his four wheel motorbike. This is an opportunity to see Boorowa’s fine Merino sheep up close and personal.
The sheep are kindly provided by Merryville Stud, which was founded in 1903 by the late Sir Walter Merriman and is in the unique position of having maintained management, selection and classing in a father/son relationship for the last 114 years.
Merryville rams are available throughout the year at all major multi-vendor sales as well as the stud’s on-property ram sale on Friday 14th September 2018. Flock rams are also available from mid-September each year.
An Old Tradition
A sheep is shorn with old time shears on the shearing shack and the fleece is thrown on the stage to receive a spiritual thanksgiving for the fine wool of the district at The Ecumenical Blessing of the Fleece.
Boorowa is world renowned for its fine wool and this is an important event of the Irish Woolfest.
Showcasing Local Talent
You are cordially invited to the free official opening night of of the 2022 Boorowa Irish Woolfest Art Show, beginning at 5pm Saturday 1 October.
Headline Act – Limerick
Australian Celtic Music Awards Winners 2020
Limerick bring together 4 highly talented and entertaining musicians who have a ‘Reel’ passion for hi-energy music. Joined by The Shamrock Dancers, Limerick put on a show that will get your blood flowing, performing a line-up of toe tapping, beer stomping, sing a long, Celtic rock, traditional tunes, originals and modern crowd pleasers. You are sure to be sure to be Celta-field with Limerick’s roaming ‘Pied Piper’ like fiddle player, leaving you satisfied with a smile from ear to ear.
Limerick is one of the top Qld based Celtic rock bands and has been a feature band at some of the best venues and festivals across QLD and Northern NSW and now bringing their charm to the NSW Southern Tablelands.
Limerick has released 2 CDs, Up Yer Kilts and Fiddlers Bow, played by national and international radio stations and available on all online music platforms.
Want to see more of Limerick? Check them out here:
Facebook: limerick MCB
Tantalise your tastebuds with an array of homemade sauces, dressings and jams in unique flavours with a variety of delectable tastes to suit all palettes. Walsh’s Country Kitchen also create fruit cakes and plum puddings like Grandma used to make. Gourmet honey and a range of unusual bee souvenirs are available for purchase whilst a range of olive oils and olive products can be sourced from a variety of regional vendors. The Pantry on Pudman, a local shop which is well known for its great coffee, also has a wonderful range of gourmet products.
Light up your world and create atmosphere in your home with romantic candles from Three Wishes, Care for your body with a visit to health product stalls for a beautiful treat, with natural beauty products made to heal and soothe. Local Clubs will be hosting food stalls including the Historical Society and the Boorowa Lions Club.
An amazing variety of creative stalls provide a wide variety of boutique products. From garden products, to jewellery, candles, woollen garments and much more a range of quality that will dazzle you.
Plan your visit